My 28th Year
As promised, here’s my personal goals for the upcoming year, my 28th. In no particular order, these are the top 20 things I want to accomplish in the next 365ish days. All of these things are possible! I’ve accumulated tons of bookmarks and resources to make it happen. Check out the links for more info about where I got all these crazy ideas from.
- Travel to at least 8 different countries, wear my adventure hat. My man, Rick Steves, will show us the way.
- Budget our money to make room for travel and put $xxx/month into our savings account ($x/year). It’s been done.
- Spend money on experiences more than things.
- Become completely debt-free, and live debt-free with the exception of my student loan by March 2013. Dave Ramsey knows how.
- Get on the show House Hunters International when we move to a different apartment in the spring. My mom would FLIP.
- Exercise regularly toward a goal weight of xxx. (Yeah right, like I’m going to tell you here.)
- Eat well. Appreciate good food.
- Enjoy time with friends and family. Use skype and gchat to stay in touch with those far away.
- Make 4 new real friends in Madrid. Join Meetup groups.
- Write in my journal weekly. Finish reading Writing Away for inspiration and guidance.
- Begin learning German using Rosetta Stone and local language classes at the library.
- Practice Spanish with Margaux every day.
- Read 4 adult novels in Spanish.
- Start an online business to generate extra income.
- Stay in touch with contacts by sending 3 emails a week to people I haven’t heard from in a while.
- Identify and get involved with a job, volunteer position or activity that is meaningful to me and build a professional network of people in Madrid.
- Maintain EsCrazy and get at least one article published on Bootsnall, Matador Network or as a guest post on another blog.
- Complete NaNoWriMo 2012.
- Get to know the city of Madrid. Learn about Spanish art, history, literature, culture and food.
- Drink wine sometimes, laugh a lot, take pictures.
I am so excited to get going on these! Let the adventures begin!